- Organisation: Shetland Islands Council
- Location: Lerwick
- Salary/Hourly Rate: £5018.67 – £5230.52
- Hours: 7
- Full/Part Time: Part Time
- Published: 16 December 2011
- Closing Date: 30 December 2011
- Ref. No.: SIC1749
Salary: £12.81 – £13.39 + Distant Island Allowance of £0.9540 per employee (pro rata)
The Grade for this post is Grade I.
Closing Date: Friday 30 December 2011
The core purpose of this role is to support candidates in completing SVQ’s at Level 2 in an early years setting. The post holder will work as a member of the Health and Care team within Shetland College. The main job activities include:
- To carry out induction and assessment planning of SVQ candidates
- To support candidates in the building of their SVQ e-portfolio (using e-portfolio system Learning Assistant) and the evidence of their underpinning knowledge
- To carry out direct observation of candidates’ practice in their work/placement setting.
Suitable candidates will need to evidence the following:
- Relevant Early Years Qualification at SVQ4 or above, teaching qualification or equivalent qualification which can be agreed as relevant to the post
- Experience of supporting candidates in completing SVQs
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- We will be seeking an Enhanced Disclosure check for the successful applicant.
- A Relocation package does not apply to this post.
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland.
- Temporary post for a period of approximately 12 months.
- Part-time post for 7 hours per week.
- Not suitable for Job Share.
- Not suitable for remote working.
- Applicants must complete a Criminal Convictions Declaration Form.
- Open to internal applicants only
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to this job advert.
For further details relating to this post, please contact Chris Rogers, Senior Lecturer, Health & Care on (01595) 771422 or e-mail email@example.com