- Organisation: Aberdeenshire Council
- Location: Stonehaven
- Salary/Hourly Rate: £16545 – £17298
- Hours: 37
- Full/Part Time: Full Time
- Published: 2 February 2012
- Closing Date: 17 February 2012
- Ref. No.: ABS011711
>> You have a current ordinary driving licence, are able to undertake tasks that frequently require a high level of physical effort and have good communication skills.
>> This position is advertised as a ‘fixed’ post as detailed on the Worksmart website -
Certain terms and conditions of service for this post may change under proposals to implement revised provisions, which the Council is to consult and negotiate on during February 2012.
Informal Enquires to: Moira Johnston on 07836 389009
>> Provide a monitoring service in regard to litter, damage or any other relevant issues in regard to waste and streets.
>> You will also be required to act as an ambassador for the Council when interfacing with members of the public and will do so in a polite and friendly manner.
>> Operate vehicles and plant on a rotational or required basis.
- Skilled Waste Operative Duties
- Manual Handling; a requirement to lift as outlined in the Manual Handling Guidelines
- Communication with general public
- Streetscene procedures
- Other ad hoc Duties
>> Essential Criteria
- Current ordinary driving licence
- Knowledge of highway code
- Able to undertake physical work on a regular basis
- Manual handling; a requirement to lift as outlined in the Manual Handling Guidelines
- Good communicator
- Self motivated with drive and enthusiasm
- Ability to use own initiative and follow instructions
- Must be honest, reliable, open and friendly
- Work unsupervised but capable of being a team player
- Maintain vehicle/equipment in a clean and serviceable manner
>> Desirable Criteria
- Previous experience of street cleansing or refuse/recycling collection
- LGV Licence in order to act as second driver
- Forklift / telehandler experience
- A working knowledge on Health & Safety legislation
- Knowledge of roads and streets within the Aberdeenshire Council area
See the original post:
Skilled Waste Operative