- Organisation: Argyll & Bute Council
- Location: Oban, Lorn and the Isles
- Salary/Hourly Rate: £21438 – £34200
- Hours: 35
- Full/Part Time: Full Time
- Published: 20 January 2012
- Closing Date: 10 February 2012
- Ref. No.: ARB000898
Closing Date 10th February 2012
This is a permanent post based at Oban High School and is 35 hours per week .
- GTCS registration relevant teaching qualification.
- The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exclusions and Exceptions) (Scotland ) Order 2003 as amended apply to this post.
- Successful applicants will be subject to Disclosure Scotland vetting.
- This post is not exempt from the Sex Discrimination Act 1975 under Section 7(2)(e).
- This post is subject to vetting under POCSA 2003.
- This post requires Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Registration)
We wish to advise you that this position falls within the scope of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme which came into force on Monday 28th February 2011; the scheme replaces enhanced disclosure checking arrangements for “regulated” positions. (Regulated work is the term used by the PVG Act to define the types of work which barred individuals must not do and for which PVG Scheme membership is required).
We wish to advise that should you be the preferred candidate after interview, you will be required to gain membership of the PVG scheme in relation to working with PROTECTED CHILDREN/ADULTS prior to any unconditional offer of appointment. For those candidates who are not already a member of the PVG in relation to the workforce above, the following will apply:
Not PVG Scheme Member
• The total amount for membership of the PVG Scheme is £59.00. The successful candidate will be asked to pay £41.00 to join the scheme and the Council will contribute £18.00 to your scheme membership.
• If you do not work for Argyll and Bute Council payment is essential before an unconditional offer of appointment will be made.
• If you currently work for Argyll and Bute Council, payment can be made in full or arranged to be deducted from your salary over a period of up to a maximum of 6 months.
• Methods of payment will be confirmed at interview, should you be successful for interview.
How to Apply
- For further information on the post please contact Mr Peter Bain, Head Teacher 01631 564 231.
- For queries on how to apply, or for other posts within Argyll and Bute Council, please contact a member of the Recruitment Team on 01369 708 546 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the post reference ‘CSE87400/R3′